Click the link below for a printable pdf version.
ARCARDIA Community Heart & SOUL
PRoject Coordinator job Description
Community Heart & Soul® Background
What is Community Heart & Soul? In over 100 communities and 20 states, Community Heart & Soul and The Findlay-Hancock County Community Foundation is helping citizens identify what matters and how that should impact planning and decision making in their small towns.
“Community Heart & Soul is premised on the notion that all small cities & towns have a distinct Heart & Soul. It is those elements that residents love about their town, the pride they feel, the places they love and show visitors, the gathering places, and a way of doing business that rises above political ideologies and views residents as friends and neighbors who work together.” Lyman Orton
This Process is guided by the principles of Involve Everyone, Focus on What Matters, and Play the Long Game. These Principles are achieved by the Heart & Soul process of Imagine, Connect, Plan & Act.
Project Coordinator Position
- Seeking individual(s) for Coordinator position working approximately 20 hours a week
- Paid subcontractor position with the Village of Arcadia (1099 position)
- Pays $20.00 per hour or depending on experience.
- Approximately 2-year position
- Reports to core community and Hancock Co. Community Foundation Heart & Soul Coach.
- Preference to Candidate with strong commitment to Arcadia, including ties & involvement in the community.
- Demonstrated experience in community planning, community development, or another related field
- Experience with public outreach and community organizing
- Experience with project design, management, and evaluation
- Experience working with and coordinating teams and committees
- Familiarity with innovative planning tools and processes, particularly as they relate to community engagement
- Skills in active listening
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and comfort speaking publicly
- Experience with bringing together a wide variety of groups and diverse constituencies to achieve common goals
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks
- Experience with a variety of communication technologies, including online formats and social media
- Commitment to the goals and approach of Community Heart & Soul
- Willingness to travel and work evenings
Job Description - Project Management
- Alongside the Heart & Soul Core Team, utilize the Milestones and the Master Spreadsheet to map out the work plan for each phase, while managing and revising the work plan throughout all phases
- Alongside the Heart & Soul Core Team, integrate the Community Network Analysis into Heart & Soul work and decision-making throughout all phases, and make additions and revisions to the Community Network Analysis, as needed
- Work with the Communications sub-team and other partners to design, schedule, and advertise all Heart & Soul-related meetings and events
- Work with the Heart & Soul Core Team and sub-teams to develop and manage strategies for achieving Heart & Soul Milestones and create opportunities to celebrate successes along the way
- Work with the Heart & Soul Team to complete the end-of-phase reflections and any additional project documentation at the end of each phase
- Develop and maintain regular communication with the Heart & Soul Coach, the Heart & Soul Core Team, and any other community partners and municipal contacts
- Manage project records including communications materials, strategic documents, meeting minutes, public meeting summaries, etc.
- Manage financial records and budget, grants, and any other additional contracts for the Heart & Soul process
Heart & Soul Volunteer Management
- Work with the Heart & Soul Core Team to recruit, onboard, and orient new volunteers for Heart & Soul work
- Work with all sub-teams to ensure coordination and alignment in tasks and activities
- Work with Heart & Soul Coach and other Team members to motivate and encourage volunteers who contribute to Heart & Soul activities
- Coordinate and organize the logistics for Heart & Soul Team meetings (space, food, task reminders to volunteers, agenda, meeting materials, etc.)
Workshop Coordination and Facilitation
- Liaise with Heart & Soul Coach to prepare workshop information and distribute materials to Heart & Soul Team members
- Work with Heart & Soul Coach to facilitate designated components of Heart & Soul phase workshops and Focused-In Trainings
- Ensure that all Heart & Soul meetings, trainings, and workshops are documented, and that documentation is widely shared throughout the community
- Send Cover Letter & Resume to Arcadia Town Hall c/o ARC Heart & Soul Council at 104 S. Gibson St. P.O Box 235 Arcadia, Ohio 44804, or email to [email protected] by August 25th, 2023
- For questions or information please call Amie Clouse at the Town Hall 419-894-6315 or Mayor Balderson at 567-525-6464
Click the link below for a printable pdf version.